Monday, September 01, 2008

I just came back from the SOA Security event of ipt and Credit Suisse - unfortunately quite disappointed:
  1. At the door of the event, I was refused entry because I work at a concurrent of ipt (the event runs under "SOA Interest Group"). I have no problem understanding limited access to events, but it should be stated when the event is published - or one should be notified before going there. The event was publicly announced here.
  2. The reservation system (it runs on the web site of ipt) is broken: I reserved myself twice (separated by 3 days), and I did neither get the promised answering email nor an error response (I did not hear from them at all). Later they removed the remark that they promise an answering email - so I figured I could go without confirmation.
  3. It is sad that the bank Credit Suisse, which used to have a good reputation, works with such a dicey partner.
Remark: I just checked their website again: in the mean time, they added some more concrete specification of who can go - they seem to like publishing unfinished stuff...

No comments: